My writing takes me on a journey to places I never imagined. Here are a few of my articles about people and organizations I’ve enjoyed interviewing.
Athenian school chief says goodbye (San Ramon Valley Times)
Kids’ museum nearer to reality (Danville Times)
Literacy program gives adults a chance (Danville Times)
Awareness key to holiday safety (Cover story: Danville Times and Pleasanton Times)
Shoppers can turn to library for help (Danville Times)
Poet laureate presents open mic (Cover story: Danville Times and Pleasanton Times)
Athenian students unite to fight genocide (Danville Times)
Stay safe online, officer says (Danville Times)
Navy reservist uses skills to help Iraqis (Danville Times)
Writer happily shares secrets of success (Danville Times)
Plenty of flu vaccine available (Danville Times and Pleasanton Times)
Team walk raises vital funds for research (Pleasanton Times)
CERT prepares all for crises (Cover story: Danville Times and Pleasanton Times)
Website a bustling community resource (Danville Times)
Instructor up for another award (Danville Times)
Passions blend to create a winery (Cover story: Danville Times)
Hot Summer Nights a vintage success (Danville Times)
Gear up for National Night Out (Danville Times and Pleasanton Times)
Books and Other Writings
”If there’s a book you really want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.” ~Toni Morrison
- The California Writers Club Tri-Valley Branch published its first anthology in December 2011. Voices of the Valley: First Press includes short stories, poems, memoirs, and children’s writings. I worked with many of the authors to revise and polish their stories. It was a time-consuming project but a rewarding experience. I have one adult piece in the book in addition to a children’s story and poem.
- It was an exciting opportunity for me to work on the award-winning California Fresh Harvest cookbook. I participated in the research and development, contributed recipes to the book, set up test kitchens (and tested almost every recipe!), wrote sidebars, and copy edited the book. I’m a food lover and relished to opportunity to play a critical role in the editing and publication of this book.
- I wrote and developed a very successful nonprofit sales program for the Junior League that raised considerable funds for the League and the nonprofit groups who partnered with the League to sell California Fresh Harvest.
- As a correspondent for the Danville Times and Pleasanton Times, I enjoyed writing about local people and events. My articles have also been published in the San Ramon Valley Times, Contra Costa Times, Danville Today, and Alamo Today.
- As a charter member of the California Writers Club Tri-Valley Branch, I wrote most of the content for the newly designed website (www.trivalleywriters.org).
- While living in the Philippines, I wrote a variety of articles for the local Inklings magazine.
- I was editor of Write Around the Valley, a San Francisco Bay Area newsletter, for two years.